Video on my PC is "jerky"

toogie 09:20 30 Nov 10

Until recently I have been able to watch BBC iPlayer and other TV on line. Now, however, the sound quality is good but the video is "jerky" as if there are misssing frames! I have uppdated to Adobe Flash Player 10.1 but the quality remains the same. I would be grateful for any ideas as watching catch-up progs. is becoming an eye strain.

birdface 09:37 30 Nov 10

Could it be a java problem then.
If you use java are you using the latest update for that.
All old versions should be removed and only have the latest version installed.
Latest Flash.
click here
This looks like the latest Java update for 32 Bit.

click here

toogie 14:37 01 Dec 10

buteman, I have checked and already have Flash Player 10 Plugin (version 10.1.102.64 the latest).
I also have Flash Player 10 Active X (version 10.1.82.76) in my prog. lists but not sure if I should as I do not know what it is !

wee eddie 14:58 01 Dec 10

1. Are you watching as it downloads.

or

2. Are you downloading and watching it later.

If 1. suspect the speed of your Internet Connection.

fullyfitted 14:59 01 Dec 10

toogie,
Have the same problems and I've just found this page under "help" in XP,obviously this is for XP but other platforms are covered in the article

I have yet to try it so cannot make any recommendation
click here

FF

woodchip 15:16 01 Dec 10

Its a Download Problem, You could try rebooting your router. Leave it switched off for five minutes then restart it

Snrub 16:28 01 Dec 10

Have you done speed test?
Have same problem with video buffering etc after internet outage generally in my area 2 weeks ago. Complained to BT about line speed, they rung about 5 days later to advise they would increase my line speed in 72 hours but still waiting!!
Suspect BT throttling back on line speed cos so many now watching BBC i Player and ITV Player.

toogie 11:06 02 Dec 10

Thanks guys.
fullyfitted - I will try the XP Help solution later.
124 - I use Firefox but also occasionally IE. If I update the ActiveX will this help?
Snrub - I will also try speed test.

Snrub 12:32 02 Dec 10

Just an update, BT have slightly increased line speed today but still not back to the ISP average rating it was previously working at. Will see if video is working better.

woodchip 13:11 02 Dec 10

Try running this TCP Optimiser click here First create a backup using the program then click on Optimise button then click the okay button to optimise, reboot PC and test

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…