video loading

DAKAR 17:17 22 Aug 10

Hi all
some advice please,when I want to watch video clips of news or sports on my PC running windows XP sp3 the clips stop to load every 3-4 seconds making it very frustrating to watch,is this normal?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Regards
Dakar

woodchip 17:33 22 Aug 10

If you mean using your internet connection, this could be that you download speed is too slow for streaming Video

woodchip 17:35 22 Aug 10

What's you speed using this click here

DAKAR 17:40 22 Aug 10

Hi woodchip
Thanks for your response just carried out the test and got download speed of 490kbps and upload speed of 368kbps
Regards
Dakar

woodchip 17:49 22 Aug 10

Right this is the kind of speeds you need this is for my Wireless Laptop

Download 6341kbps
Upload 692kbps

Note that my upload speed is faster than your download, so that's why its stuttering.

You are doing well to get anything with that

DAKAR 17:56 22 Aug 10

Woodchip
So what if anything do I do to make this better
Regards
Dakar

woodchip 18:00 22 Aug 10

May be nothing you can do, as its a lot dependent on your BT line quality, and on how far you are from there exchange. Plus what ISP and speed you are paying for

woodchip 18:02 22 Aug 10

May be nothing you can do, as its a lot dependent on your BT line quality, and on how far you are from there exchange. Plus what ISP and speed you are paying for.

Put your Post Code in hear and test what you can get click here

DAKAR 18:10 22 Aug 10

Hi woodchip
I am with Talk Talk and according to BT I am 1.7 miles from the exchange and my telephone supports 1.5 Mbps or greater ADSL connection speed
Regards
Dakar

woodchip 18:52 22 Aug 10

I am with TalkTalk on a 8meg speed I am 1.8 miles from exchange. so just a bit further than you from exchange. You need to try first turning your router modem for five minutes then back on, rerun the above test for speed

DAKAR 19:40 22 Aug 10

Thankyou very much woodchip I shall do as you suggest and report back
Kindest regards
Dakar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…