video graphics card fan replacement

sllca 10:57 AM 13 Jun 12

Hi everyone Could somebody teel me what replacement fan i need to get for my vga card...PEGATRON NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 230 as the one on there now is makeing such a noise it's slowly driving me mad. I have taken the fan off and cleaned it several times but the noise just does not stop. On the fan it says Y.S. TECH DC BRUSHLESS FAN DC12V 0.16A , YD124509EL-N . It's off a HP PAVILION ELITE 490 UK if that helps. I have searched but not sure which one i need , i have also contacted hp but no joy. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Steve

KRONOS the First 11:22 AM 13 Jun 12

Is this your GPU? GT 230

I think you are going to be struggling to find an after-market cooler for the GT 230, it might be simpler to upgrade the whole GPU.

You could try a little oil on the fan spindle but I have found that once these rather basic fans start to make a noise there is little you can do to permanently shut them up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November