video files are to big how do i conver/edit them ?

chickabookins 21:33 03 Sep 08

heya im not sure if im in the right place but please could someone tell me how i can covert

chickabookins 21:39 03 Sep 08

i have no idea what happned there but please could someone tell me how i can convert a video files into mpeg4 or wmv or something for free as i want to upload them onto facebook but the files are to big also how can i use 1 video but spilt it up to make 2 videos if you know what i mean
here are the video files
1) size 406 mb
2) size 573 mb
3) size 301 mb

many thanks sam

gartoy 00:07 04 Sep 08

Hi chickabookins

A very popular free program to compress video files is called Virtual Dub

click here

There are loads of video tutorials on You Tube which show how to do it.

Hope this helps

NewestRoyWidd1 00:36 04 Sep 08

As per gartoys link,Virtual Dub is ideal,I use it often.
Also there is a progam called Easy Video Splitter.If you care to contact me via the yellow envelope next to my name,I'll try to email a copy to you.
NRW1

chickabookins 13:42 04 Sep 08

heya gartoy
thankyou for replying the link you gave me has just confused me even more *sorry* which 1 do i use

chickabookins 14:43 04 Sep 08

NewestRoyWidd1 i have tried contacting you like you asked but it keeps coming up saying page cannot be displayed

NewestRoyWidd1 15:10 04 Sep 08

hi,not sure what to suggest re contacting me,I know the email address is ok,try it again?

NewestRoyWidd1 15:12 04 Sep 08

Or can I contact you via the yellow envelope?

DippyGirl 15:20 04 Sep 08

if your pc is running 64bit use the 64bit otherwise download the 32bit version (I would guess you are 32bit)
Control Panel > System

anchor 16:46 04 Sep 08

What form are your large video files is at present?; (e.g. avi, mov, files).

Kevscar1 08:41 06 Sep 08

Why not use Windows Movie Maker. Drag the movie to the Timeline then split it. Remove one part and publish it then repeat and remove the other. I've done this with a 12GB Video.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…