video file conversion for DVD

mikegm7 11:14 09 Jun 04

I have just saved some digital video using windows movie maker but I need to convert these files to use on a DVD. Would this be MPEG so I can then use the DVD in a normal DVD player?

stlucia 12:47 09 Jun 04

I've not used Windows Movie Maker, but generally speaking your files need to be in MPEG2 format for use on a DVD.

I use Pinnacle to edit my movies and to create MPEG2 files from them, and then Roxio or Sonic MyDVD to make them into a DVD. Some software claims to be able to do the whole process from download to burning, but other posts in this forum seem to indicate that using one dedicated software for download, editing, and MPEG-creating, then another one for the DVD burning, is most reliable.

Some domestic DVD players may be able to play MPEG2 files which are simply dragged and dropped onto a DVD, but for most of them you need to 'create a DVD' using your burning software so that other files which the player needs get recorded (automatically) also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…