video editing for sony dvd handycam

sinbad1 11:05 08 Jan 05

this is my first camcorder so i am basically a beginner when it comes to camcorders. The camcorder came with no editing software, simply puts video directly onto dvd disc. the more expensive models come with editing software.
My problem is i am unable to find a suitable software editing program to reconise the format (vob files), tried several with no joy.
I neeed to find a suitable editing program before i waste money purchasing software that wnt work.
Anyone any ideas?

Sans le Sou 11:41 08 Jan 05

May be of useclick here

sinbad1 11:54 08 Jan 05

Thanks for your reply may be something useful will try an dget back to you.

john-232317 12:04 08 Jan 05

It would be handy to know what ones you have tried ?

john-232317 12:11 08 Jan 05

Try here

click here

Type VOB into google, loads of info.

sinbad1 12:15 08 Jan 05

dadyassa.
tried win movie maker, vid edit magic,ulead movie factory,
intervideo win dvd creator had partial success but kept crashing.
for the better models sony supply pixela image mixer software ;but not been able to get software and not sure it would work with my cam.

sinbad1 12:26 08 Jan 05

thanks some useful info here need to try some looks like its a long process to convert vob files
need a program that will do it all in one.
thanks for your link.
will be back to let u know of outcome.

john-232317 13:45 08 Jan 05

Cant you just capture the DVD into movie factory and reburn it as mpeg2 dvd ?

The time taken to change one file to the other is a pain, its a shame they cant all use the same files ;-))

john-232317 13:51 08 Jan 05

I just tried a dvd in edit disc in movie factory 3 and it started copying to HD, but it is MPEG 2, maybe it will work with yours ?

john-232317 14:17 08 Jan 05

This is a handy program also click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…