Video Editing Software

Janet-201707 20:07 13 May 06

Hello One and All

I am juat about ready to tear my hair out trying to find some software for video editing software that actually works. We now have a camcorder, but the software that came with it is 5 year out of date and NOT user friendly ie:Ulead VideoStudeo 5 and cannot be upgraded as it is out of date, plus it is crap.
Have tried various others, to no avail. These editing tasks take up a lot of time which I don't have. The one proggie that I have had the most success with is Windows Movie Maker.... there is always a but, when I have tried to add audio wav files, on playback I am continuously getting a beep beep beep sound continuously from beginning to end, plus it does not burn to DVD, only CD which is not recognised by our DVD player, which is new. Any suggestions would be appreciated, before I have no hair left,

Diodorus Siculus 20:13 13 May 06

Adobe - Adobe Premiere Elements
click here

I've seend good results from this one but haven't used it myself.

rsinbad 20:21 13 May 06
  961 20:24 13 May 06

Can I suggest you type "Video editing software" into Google. You'll get a whole load of reviews starting with video editing review 2006

These will give you an idea of what does what, but I would say that you don't need to spend a fortune and the very latest version at the highest price is not necessarily the best

Perhaps I may suggest that the first thing to do is sort out the problem with your sound from the Windows Movie Maker. This free software is probably one of the easiest to use and while you may need another programme to record the results onto dvd you should get the sound ok. If you don't it is probably because of a wrong setting on the computer and you may well find another programme will produce the same failure on the sound side

I've used ULead Videostudio 7 (now out of date I'm sure) and found it worked well. However, the best thing to do is to download trial versions of these programmes, and see which you find easy to work with before you buy

Some of them are pretty complicated to get your head round, and I came to the conclusion that Windows Movie Maker is easy, followed by a dvd burning programme to get the result onto a disk

Bagsey 22:27 13 May 06

A few months ago PC Advisor had Ulead video studio 7 as a freebie. I have tried it and it is OK You can use it make DVDs of your epic.

Bagsey 22:33 13 May 06

Just found my copy. It was Issue 127 Feb 2006. Hope that helps.

raggy 2 23:11 13 May 06

i have been using pinnacle 8 very old now but still so easy to use afreat results and will upgrade soon to pinnacle 10. I agree with 961 try some on a trial version and see how you get on. go to the pinnacle site and give it a try i bet you will want it.

Janet-201707 11:45 14 May 06

Thanks everyone for your support. I have looked on Google and found one or two and tried, but so far have not found one that is user friendly enough to do a good job. So very complex, but shall take a look at the recommended software.

Many thanks

Janet B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…