Video Editing Software

I am looking to purchase a video editing software package.

I have two products in mind, Pinnacle Stuido 8 and Ulead Videostudio 7. I would appreciate views on these products and on alternative packages also.

Many thanks.

MichelleC 10:59 06 Dec 03

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to burn dvd's then S8 isn't your best choice unless you use nero or like. I use Movie Studio click here for the least amount of hassle.

wint 11:02 06 Dec 03

Hi JamesF,

I am using Pinnacle Studio 8 at this very minute. I have to say that I have no experience of Ulead Videostudio 7 but I am happy with Studio 8.

Wint

Thanks for replies.

I am thinking about installing a DVD RW drive so burning DVD's will be important to me.

Belatucadrus 12:02 06 Dec 03

There are a couple of free options that may be worth looking at :- Avid free click here and Zwei Stein click here

bremner 12:10 06 Dec 03

I use Pinnacle 8 and find it very good for editing.

But...have a look at this thread click here

tes 12:15 06 Dec 03

I use Pinnacle Studio 8 but I wouldn't recomend it.I have never managed to burn a dvd.I have had no end of trouble with analogue out & Pinnacle help is non existant.

wint 14:45 06 Dec 03

I have had no problem burning to disk, it takes a long time to render before burning the disk though.
When I first installed the analogue capture card and software I had a couple of problems but the e-mail help desk put me right. Actually, I found the answer on the Pinnacle website help pages before the e-mail from help desk confirmed what I had already done.
A pal at work also uses St8 without any problems, he recommended it to me.

tes 16:31 06 Dec 03

wint, don't get me wrong I like sr8 for every thing except burning to disc I now use Nero for that.Another prob I had when I upgraded from 7 to 8. I couldn't get the tutorial to work, when I tried to output to analogue it kept telling me it had not been captured in pal.I think I had been sent the american ver but pinnacle help wouldn'd agree they kept telling me to reinstall which I did many times. I even installed a new hard drive.I eventualy got round it by loading the tutorial from ver7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…