video editing from pc to home dvd recorder

melancol 23:19 13 Oct 03

I edit my home movies on my PC. Is it possible to to burn my edited film to an off board dvd recorder such as my pioneer dvr 3100 using the standard i-link cable?

MichelleC 09:25 14 Oct 03

I don't think so as it's hard enough to burn on pc, let alone transfering that process to another device, but here's some places to look:

click here

click here

click here

johnnyrocker 09:52 14 Oct 03

what sort of dvd recorder are you referring to? because i might know of a way if you post up more info ie graphics card dvd rec type and inputs etc.

Chegs ® 10:07 14 Oct 03

"Firewire (i-link) DV input/output for connection to a camera or PC (To output to a PC the recordings must have been your own)"click here

According to Pioneer the DVR3100 WILL record from the puter.I-Link/IE1394/DV-In,Out are all the same sockets(I think)According to the page I visited,the Scart socket is input only,and prior experience has shown me locating an S-Video lead long enough to go from a TV to a puter is nigh on impossible.

SEASHANTY 11:19 14 Oct 03

A 5 metres videolead SVHS to SVHS is available from VIVANCO at £14-99 part No. SIVV1105 click here

johnnyrocker 11:25 14 Oct 03

sorry i misread your post, i make video recordings from my pc using tv tool which for £9 can be got from click here dont forget also that your svs to svs lead will not transfer any sound you will need seperate connectors for that.

Chegs ® 11:27 14 Oct 03

Thanks,but I no longer need an S-Video lead as I bought a TV card(coax connection to TV/Video)and use DV socket to load from my camcorder.I was looking on behalf of a mate whose "camcorder" is suitcase sized and has only S-Vid connectors,so I bought a Scart to S-Vid convertor.I now have enough variety of connectors/leads to enable me to connect most hardware to Video recorder/camcorder/TV/etc.(and relocated puter in same room as TV)

Bagsey 14:47 14 Oct 03

I do, I think, what you want to do but it is a bit long winded. After editing my video I use my editing software (Pinnacle) to make a master tape back on the camera then copy that tape to DVD using my free standing DVD+RW recorder. This works very well and I am now in the process of re-editing some of my old Hi8 videos to compile them on to DVD. It saves a lot of storage space.

melancol 00:36 15 Oct 03

My digi camera has not got an i link input, only output, so I'm trying to cut out that middle bit, by outputting from pc direct to dvd recorder, I can do it via s leads but am trying to retain dv quality, Have burnt discs to vcd and svcd which is ok but I know it can be better. Guess I'll connect it up and give it a go.
Thanks to all for help.

SEASHANTY 12:01 15 Oct 03

Using the Panasonic DVD-RAM / DVD-R recorder which has 5 recording speeds if you include the Flexible Record speed. Check out siouxah1 input at this PCA link click here

SEASHANTY 12:13 15 Oct 03

And the link to the Panasonic DMR-E60 where I purchased mine from and the cheapest I found for a fully modified Region 1 - 6 at £349 is this firm in Lincolnshire click here
delivery by Securicor Omega Express was free and it was delivered in five working days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…