Video editing card for old pc

ELIDEN 11:44 13 Apr 03

I have recently acquired an old Dell Gn+ pentium MMX 200Mhz, 64Mb RAM machine with a w2k build.
Does anyone know of an analogue to digital video editing card / software that is still available which would be suitable for use with this pc?

NotsoNewuser 19:15 13 Apr 03

A new card may be insufficient. Yardstick for HD is 1gb for every 4 minutes of video with a better option having two HDs with one just for editing and the other taking all the otherstuff such as your ops.sys. and application(s).
Win 98SE is, I believe, minimum ops. system.
128mb RAM minimum.
I'm also not sure about a 200mhz processor. It might be borderline.
I use ATI A-I-W card which handles analogue into digital.
Hoe this helps.

Rtus 19:51 13 Apr 03

Min spec for studio 7 Pent2/300mhz 64mb min ram (128 preferred)O/S=Win98/ME/2K/XP Direct x compat graphics/sound cards..And masses of storage space.. For reason of above ..Its likely you'll struggle to edit/produce your video's.. Ive used a Amd K6/2/450 and that was slow to render .Now use Amd XP1800 with marked improvements.. Having said that video work can be addictive.leading to many hard drives and loads of video Cd's..

Bagsey 21:44 13 Apr 03

Your computer is a bit long in the tooth for video editing , especially if you hope to capture a full copy of your epic to the HD. I used a similar computer but edited using Pinnacle Studeo 400. This saved only a low definition version of your original to the HD.thus saving on HD space This you then edited, which produce a guide copy to control your camera and vhs recorder to make the final tape. Your computer would be more than adequate for that system. This Studio 400 is out of production but if you go to the Pinnacle forum you may find a second hand unit and software. Try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…