Video editing

T. Covenant 14:59 02 Feb 03

I have a Sony video 8 Handycam and was wondering if anyone can advise me on how to use my PC for editing. All the sites I have looked at go on about digital cameras. I don`t think that mine is digital.
T. Covenant

lixdexik 15:02 02 Feb 03

We would need to know more about your computer. Ie what OS do you have? do you have a tv or some kind of capture card?

Cheers Lixdexik.

Bagsey 15:31 02 Feb 03

If you use a video 8 system you will find that the loss in quality will make any NLE editing a not very satisfying exercise. However if you can find a Linear editing system then you will be able to get reasonable results.
For a long time I used the Pinnacle Studio 400 system which only captured a low grade image of the original footage to the computer, which you could then edit. This creates the control track which controls the camera and the video recorder to put a copy of the clips you have selected onto vhs tape. It takes patience to get the setup right but with effort I managed to get some good results. Well! the familly could be bullied into watching the videos.

siouxah1 16:10 02 Feb 03

You may like to have a look at this old here

Regards Brian

PS post back if you require further info. There are keen video peoples here.

T. Covenant 18:50 03 Feb 03

Cheers siouxah1, your link to the old thread filled me in with enough info.
T. Covenant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…