Video Editing

MASE 15:43 30 Jul 03

Ihave a number of analog video`s that I would like to put on disc. Unfortunatly I am completely in the dark on the subject or should I say Confused> Can any one tell me what are the additional reguirements I shall need. I am running a 900 mhz AMD Duron Processor, with 384 mb memory. with USB1 AND USB2.

siouxah1 16:53 30 Jul 03

MASE,

not into analogue, use DV.
You will need a method of capturing your video to HDD. This is usually a card or breakout box. But whichever must have connectors to suit the item playing your video.

You will also need a video editing programme.

This should enable you to:-

1. Capture your video to HDD

2. Edit your video with titles and transitions

3. Write your edited video to HDD

4. Then using your CDRW or DVDRW plus burning programme burn them to CD as VCD or SVCD - Or DVD as mpeg for DVD.

You might like to look here click here for a start.

This will also put your query to the top so that more experienced analogue users can give more information.

Regards Brian j

y_not 17:26 30 Jul 03

To connect your VCR to PC use something like these click here but it must have "Composite input to connect to VCR".

This will allow you to connect.

Next you will need editing software; personally I use click here which allows me to capture the video.

You will need LOTS of spare HDD space. To give some idea work on about 5 minutes = 1Gb of HDD space.

Work through the Pinnacle software and it will encode (author) the file to be read as either SVCD or DVD.

You also have to look at your burning software to probably buy the MPEG2 plug-in which will allow the software to write in the correct format for a stand-alone DVD player to read the disk.

SVCD's hold about 35minutes of Video & DVD's about 2 hours (before you begin to reduce the quality)

I think thats about as basic as I can get it - email if you get stuck or want any further information

Happy editing

Tony

carlos 17:33 30 Jul 03

but have some cash, check out click here . I got my father's cine films converted to DV very reasonably by him. The quality is good and he gives excellent advice too

siouxah1 20:27 30 Jul 03

Mase,

a bit cheeky but look here if you are loaded with loot!!!!!!!!.

click here

Easiest way yet

Regards Brian j

stlucia 08:41 31 Jul 03

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…