Video DVD's from recorded TV in MCE

john bunyan 17:17 07 Sep 08

I have an Evesham (so cant ask them) Xp, MCE 2005 PC. Originally it transcoded and burnt Video DVDs from recorded TV within the MCE. I had to do a clean reinstall following a virus and it took ages to get all thelatest windows updates etc. Now the MCE is ok but I cant burn video disks unless I use Roxio Copy and Convert (Part of Creator 10). I have found a file on the original Windows CD called Sonic.cab which is not on my C drive which I suspect may help, but has any MCE expert any ideas? I also have heard of Sonic encoders.msi but am a bit lost.Have all SP3, .Net Framework updates.

MCE2K5 18:03 07 Sep 08

Sonic encoders.msi click here

john bunyan 18:55 07 Sep 08

MCE2K5. Thanks for that _ I have installed it and will try it out soon.

john bunyan 21:24 08 Sep 08

MCE2K5.
An improvement! This time I get an option to make a Video disc, but two problems: a) I get a message that the DVD name cannot incorporate certain characters; I could not find how to change it. b) A message to say there are unsupported file types.
When it used to work, the encoding used to start fairly automatically, and I did not need to name the disc. I suspect there is another element missing? Should I install the sonic.cab file - if so where? The Sonic encoders you reccomended had a proper install procedure.
Any help would be much appreciated.

john bunyan 13:15 09 Sep 08

MCE2K5. Further to my last, when I installed Roxio 10, they advised a clean install which involved a regedit to remove traces of Sonic and Roxio. Now that the sonic encoders are back, I wonder what else is needed. Is Power DVD part of the burning scenario, since I remember Evesham had issues with version 5 versus 6?

john bunyan 15:51 10 Sep 08

Help! The Sonicencoders seemed to install but when I do a search on the C: drive, I can't find them. Maybe search does not find hidden folders? Any MCE 2005 experts out there?I still get a message : "one or more files you have selected is not a supported file type" when I try to burn a video DVD of a TV programme within MCE. My system is XP pro with MCE.I suspect the automatic transcoding of dvr-ms files to DVD video is not working, but why not?

john bunyan 20:22 11 Sep 08

Bump.
Seems no one can help so I will try the Green Button and close this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced