VIDEO TO DVD !! HELLO, ME AGAIN !!!

blackpat 09:35 11 Nov 06

With your help I managed to convert old family video tapes to dvd disks. One problem has arisen, although the converted dvd disks play on a dvd player, it will not play on my computer. I have windows xp media center. and a dvd player on my computer, but they don't seem to recognise my converted dvd disks. Anybody any ideas ???
Blackpat

SLAYER 09:38 11 Nov 06

I suspect this might help.

click here

jimv7 10:15 11 Nov 06

Have you finalised the disks.

blackpat 16:29 11 Nov 06

Slayer, that looks like a good site, but There are so many things there, I'm not sure what I need.

Jimv7. I don't know what you mean by "finalised". The dvd disk i used to copy the vhs tape was full before the tape had ended, I tried playing the dvd on the dvd recorder and it worked fine, but not on the computer.I didn't do anything to the dvd disk after it had finished recording.
Thanks both for your help.
Blackpat

SLAYER 17:26 11 Nov 06

Click on the download K-lite codec pack, which should be in the middle of the screen.

martd77 17:56 11 Nov 06

blackpat
i dont think you have finalised the disc as jimv7 said.In a dvd recorder it will still play the recorded content but only on the dvd recorder,To get the dvd to play in other dvd players or your pc the disc has to be finalised.
Im sure your dvd recorder will have that option somewhere in its menu,i would try that before downloading any codec packs

SLAYER 18:04 11 Nov 06

my (saucy) dvds would not play on my pc untill I got the codec pack,although I do not disagree with your advice as to finalisation.

martd77 18:13 11 Nov 06

slayer
you need a dvd codec to play dvds in window media player but if you use vlc player it has its own codecs and plays anything,you will also find thats the case with other players,nerovision,power dvd etc,no codec packs required.
thats from my experience

lotvic 18:30 11 Nov 06

blackpat recorded the DVD's on a DVD recorder under his telly, not on a DVD writer on his pc. See his thread click here

De Marcus™ 18:35 11 Nov 06

You will as has been advised need to 'finalise' the DVD. This process is one that needs to be carried out on the DVD recorder you used to record from VHS to DVD.

Put the DVD back in the DVD recorder and look for the option to finalise it. If your having difficulty finding it, let us know which model DVD recorder you have so we can look up the process in the manual.

blackpat 05:36 12 Nov 06

Thanks guys, I will start off by trying to finalise the dvd disk, and work from there, I will get back to you all to let you know how I got off.
Blackpat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…