VIDEO TO DVD.!!!

blackpat 09:22 09 Nov 06

I have a new Dell dimension 5150 with a dvd player. I have quite few old VHS video tapes of family events etc. Is it possible to convert Video tape to DVD disks through my computer, if so, what if any special equipment would I need?
Thanks in anticipation for any advice.
Blackpat

De Marcus™ 09:32 09 Nov 06

Yes it's possible and quite rewarding when done however a VCR connected to DVD recorder is much quicker and easier, would this not be an option?

blackpat 10:14 09 Nov 06

De marcus, the VHS tapes I have are full sized and where recorded on a large JVC video camera. My partner has a Sharpe DVD player/recorder uer the telly that also plays videos, I wonder if it is possible to play the video tape on it and record it to dvd at the same time. We are trying to find the instructions for it !!! :>)
Blackpat

blackpat 10:15 09 Nov 06

ooops should say "under the telly"

johnnyrocker 10:41 09 Nov 06

it should work quite easily.

johnny.

De Marcus™ 10:42 09 Nov 06

As per johnnyrocker, it should work ok.

De Marcus™ 10:43 09 Nov 06

Also if you post the make and model of the dvd player / recorder I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction for an online manual.

blackpat 11:26 09 Nov 06

Thanks De marcus and Johnnyrocker. I will give it a try and get back to you, give me a day or 2.
Thanks again
Blackpat

Carafaraday 11:29 09 Nov 06

Bookmarked for future reference.

blackpat 05:16 10 Nov 06

De marcus, we've found the dvd player/recorder instructions and according to them, it seems to be quite simple. I will buy some dvd disks this weekend and give it a try and will get back to you with the results.
Regards
Blackpat

Totally-braindead 09:34 10 Nov 06

I've done this myself quite a few times blackpat. All I had to do was connect the video to the DVD recorder using a SCART lead press play on the video and record on the DVD Recorder(making sure the recorder was set on the right setting so it had enough space).
It was simple, far easier that doing it through your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac