Video driver conflict - uninstall ASUS OSD?

A3 11:08 31 Jan 08

From a 2007 thread, I need to uninstall ASUS OSD and install newest Nvidia drivers to correct a BSOD problem when running Media Player. I am unsure where to find the ASUS drivers, and if removed, will the computer still function? Any help gratefully received.

wotbus@ 13:17 31 Jan 08

Are you talking about an ASUS monitor?
Are the nvidia drivers for your VGA or Mobo?
You will find ASUS drivers on their website.
Your computer will still function but maybe your display will be defaulted to a generic Windows driver and therefore not so good.
Is OSD (OnScreenDisplay?) some sort of software for simply adjusting your monitor? If so, you don't need it if your are installing the latest VGA drivers as screen adjustment can be carried out using the nvidia facility.
In a nutshell, you need the latest drivers for your monitor, mobo and VGA for best trouble-free performance. If OSD is just a display utility it is superfluous.

Why wont it work 13:21 31 Jan 08

If you are talking about an Asus laptop you need the OSD software to use the function keys, such as sound up/down, brightness up/down etc.

Try click here to look for updated software.

A3 14:06 31 Jan 08

The problem exists on a desktop which was upgraded in December with a new ASUS motherboard and processor. There appears to be a conflict with the video drivers resulting in the BSOD whenever I try and run any form of video. The previous 2007 thread was resolved by removing the ASUS OSD and installing the latest NVidia drivers. It also suggested removing DivX and running FFD show after purging AVI codec. I have downloaded the K-Lite drivers but are unsure which to put on - or have they gone on automatically?

A3 14:08 31 Jan 08

PS The computer did work OK for about a month after upgrade but recently threw a wobbly.

A3 14:10 31 Jan 08

The previous thread was:

click here

If that is of any help.

A3 16:37 31 Jan 08

After a bit of trial and error I have managed to get the video working by selectively enabling codecs from K-Lite. It seems that the requirement to remove ASUS OSD may not now be valid. I presume the codecs I have selected have over ridden those of the mother board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now