video downloads all blurred

pepa 22:20 21 May 06

when i down load videos off the internet they r all distorted and blurred i have windows xp and only an on board graphics with 512 mb ram but for some reason now the picture quality has got worse it use to be better i cant think what i have done to change the settings may be some where is there some where i can change the settings and may be get a better picture any 1 can help i would be very gratfull thanx

wolfie3000 22:52 21 May 06

pepa what type of video is it an avi mpeg mov?

Maybe you might need the correct codec for it.

skidzy 22:54 21 May 06

click here
As Wolfie says...it could be a codec problem,try the link ...it may help

pepa 17:30 23 May 06

the video that i am watching is avi and mpeg files i have apack on my computer that plays all codecs it plays them but the picture comes up the only way i can describe it is that think of how many cubes ther is on a monitor to make apicture theres probaly thousends of little cubes all these cubes make up yuor picture you see instead of the cubes being small they come up larger than normal hence making the pic blury and not very watchable hope who ever reads this can follow what im trying to say sorry if you can not any more help any one any tips on solving this i think it is a setting somewhere that i have to change to make may be the reslution smaller but i dont know even how to do that still learning the basics of the computer.

wolfie3000 17:50 23 May 06

i had that on mine download the codec pack from the link on here that will sort it out.

Or download divx

click here

But make sure you dont install both as the fdd show codec interferes with divx but i would recommend divx it will sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…