video does not play when uploaded.

Vashti 17:01 14 Oct 06

I am not sure how to title this but does anyone know why when I have taken a video it will not run from my camera software. It runs if I leave my camera plugged up. All I get in my camera software is an image which is named eg: image 43 of 43. It does not run as a film. I hope I have not made it confusing. Does anyone know why?

Technotiger 19:15 14 Oct 06

Hi, a bit more info from you might help - what OS, what Camera, what exactly are you trying to do with your film/pc?

Usually one needs a program something like XP's Windows Movie Maker, or Pinnacles Studio 9 - there are many other such programs, in order to perhaps make a dvd of one's film for instance.

Cheers.

Vashti 22:14 14 Oct 06

Thanks for your interest. I am running a TCM camera with Ulead software on windows XP. When I had a Kodak canera my little videos ran automatically in the Kodak software and I could also e mail the videos. With this set up I can only run the videos with the camera plugged in and it runs on windows media. Without the camera plugged in I only have the last frame of the video as an image.

woodchip 22:34 14 Oct 06

I have never tried that, only through TV. If I do it on the Computer I am using Video Editing software that copies it to the drive

Vashti 23:24 14 Oct 06

I have never used video editing software. My videos just automatically played when I double clicked the video picture.

Vashti 23:08 16 Oct 06

Many thanks for your help. I have found that I have to set up the video in movie maker before it actually plays. It is all new to me as it always automatically played on my old setup. Anyway, I have now sorted it out.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…