Video display problem

CC100 10:36 02 Dec 05

I have just bought a new dell inspiron 6000 with a radeon x300 video card. I tried to watch highlights of a football match, using media player, last night but the display looked really strange. Basically the pitch was coloured pink and the players were just blue blocks, slowly moving around. But i've viewed videos from and they were fine.

Am i missing a codec or something? Or is it an issue with my graphics card. Any help much appreciated.

Skills 12:40 02 Dec 05

Could just be that the stream of the football match was corrupt, if other videos are fine and colours are displayed correctly in normal use eg desktop, apps and games then that is the most likely cause.

CC100 13:17 02 Dec 05

I thought that so i tried the same highlight clips on my home pc and they worked fine.

Im racking my brain with this one.

ACOLYTE 13:20 02 Dec 05

Im not sure if Radeon cards have this option as i have never had one,but on my card a Nvidea there is a color correction setting in the G card options that allows you to set color to all not just desktop,i had a problem with video and setting this option solved it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…