video convertors

simonsup 10:38 07 Jun 09

Hi, anyone know of a good video convertor app,
one that will convert anything and all formats,
eg; dvd to avi, avi to 3gp, divx to mpeg etc etc?
I`ve been using roxio creator 2009 but it wont convert dvd to avi :( but everything else.
Running vista home, Thanks.

AL47 10:53 07 Jun 09

i can personally recommend handbrake dunno if it will do everything but it will do dvd via h264, mp4, avi etc

its what i use and is very good

eedcam 12:18 07 Jun 09

Super C is free and will probably do what you want you need to drag files onto it though no File >open facility .When you go to the web page make sure you only click on super download you need to do this through 3 pages till you get to the actual download link which is at the bootom of the third page.Dont click on any of the Big links to ava etc.,
click here

Airster 12:33 07 Jun 09

Super C is good once you manage to find the download link (why is it made so complicated??) and when it works. It was really hit and miss for me - often failing on one file and then working on an almost identical file.

I find Quick Media Converter (click here) does most of the conversions I need and is very quick - it has a good selection of presets for common mobile devices too.

simonsup 16:38 07 Jun 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…