Video Converters

aitch2 09:59 13 Nov 09

I have taken some short video clips with my digital camera(Fuji Finepix) and these play back through WMP. However, I want to put them in a Powerpoint Presentation, but Powerpoint tells me that they need to be converted to a readable format. Can anyone recommend a good free file converter programme that is suitable for this?

In total there are 9 short clips that I would need to try to join together to make 1 whole. Could this be done within the same programme or do I need another programme to achieve this?
Thank
Aitch

eedcam 11:43 13 Nov 09

Hi what format your original fles I would guess possiblty mov/quicktime if so this wil convert to avi which should be ok for P/point if not no prob just use windows movie maker which tou have with XP or vista and export as Wmv
click here

aitch2 12:32 13 Nov 09

Thanks for that. Original files are .avi with the Fuji but won't play when put into the presentation. They play ok in WMP, but haven't tried them with the QuickTime. I'll give your suggestion a go.
Rgds,
Aitch

muddypaws 17:09 13 Nov 09

I had several formats that wouldn't play on my WDTV.
I found this which is very simple to use.
I have converted to mpeg4.click here
The version I have is free so I assume this is.

gazzaho 08:31 03 Mar 11

This free program may do the job also, I found the link in the latest PC Avisor help section, it's called Hamster (tinyurl/4kqw2qz) you might want to select Custom at the setup screen and de-select everything as it installs toolbars by default.

Chris the Ancient 08:35 03 Mar 11

I was in exactly the same position a few months ago. I hunted around and came up with click here as a free trial. A bit sneaky though, they didn't say it was a free trial with a limited time span!

Did the job with no hassle and I converted some mpegs into wmv and dropped them into PowerPoint with no hassle and they looked good in the presentation.

As I had completed the job, I didn't pay for a final version!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…