VIDEO CONVERSION/TRANSFER TO LAPTOP FROM CAMCORDER-

geoffgillwalsall 12:34 PM 08 Feb 13

I am looking for software package to transfer/caputure my old Camcorder video tapes to Laptop hard drive-

I have new HP Pavilion g6-2213sa- purchased at PC WORLD - with this purchase i asked for software to enable me to do the task - i was informed and purchased the ION -VIDEO2 PC system with a USB device ( MK11 ) and cyberlink power director DE software -

This software i now have been told is not compatable with windows 8 - and ION have told me they have no drivers for it! -

SO!- i have the device - and can attach camcorder to device >laptop via S - VIDEO cable -

Is there software i can get to use with this unit?..or is there a better package available to do my task -

Kind regards

Geoff

Woolwell 13:31 PM 08 Feb 13

Do you still have the old camcorder? What connections does it have? Make and model of it may help.

geoffgillwalsall 13:37 PM 08 Feb 13

yes - the camcorder is THOMSON SCENIUM-Model-VMD10- the video 2 pc unit connects via S-Video cable - to camcorder -then USB to laptop-

I installed software which i can open - but icons in software dont all open- ION have said- dont have windows 8 drivers-

Woolwell 14:37 PM 08 Feb 13

Does the camcorder just have an S-Video port or a USB or firewire port as well?

geoffgillwalsall 14:40 PM 08 Feb 13

it has a 'DV OUT'Port as well...

Woolwell 14:56 PM 08 Feb 13

The DV out port probably accepts a firewire cable. Unfortunately most modern laptops don't have firewire port.

What you could probably use is a USB S-Video and Composite Video capture cable with audio and see if the laptop recognises the camcorder and use the laptop's built in video capture. This is what I would do with W7 but don't know how that would work with W8.

Suggest that you return the ION-Video2 PC device and ask for a refund as not fit for purpose.

woodchip 15:20 PM 08 Feb 13

You could also try MS Movie Maker

Click Hear

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things