Video conversation in Windows Messenger

BADGERSEND 07:39 26 Feb 05

I have a Zoomcam with an internal microphone. I have had this for two years and all I have ever managed to do with it is record video clips in Windows Movie Maker. When doing thgis, the mic works fine.

However, when I try to conduct a video conversation through Windows Messenger my sound either doesn't reach the person I am talking to or is very broken. The picture apparently is fine and I can see it in the corner of my screen. I have used a seperate microphone, which works for voice overs, but this has made no difference.

I have checked and tested all leads and settings in my computer, which is running Windows XP HE & SP2. The results of the tests are correct. I am also on Ntlworld Broadband connection. I have internal sound on the motherboard, FOXCON 600A01 with 712MB RAM. Has anyone any idea what my problem could be?

Davey

ThePharcyde007 08:48 26 Feb 05

maybe to do with the recipients internet connection maybe.

Bagsey 08:50 26 Feb 05

I do not use windows messenger now as I found that I had similar problems to those you describe. I went onto MSN and find that I have much less trouble. But I have heard quite the opposite comments made. I regularly contact family and friends overseas and the contact quality depends very much on the type of connection at the other end. Dial up connections are not very good but broardband is OK. I always find that there is a slight time delay in any conversation which can be disconcerting until you get used to it. But it is inevitable as I understand that it is a product of the use of satalites at great distance above the earth. I also found that keeping the video image down in size helps to save on bandwidth.
I hope that this gives some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…