Video Controller (VGA - Compatable) Please Help!!!

modsteve 15:54 23 May 06

Can someone please give me some advice?

I have a new Philips Iqon computer, and the Iqon people have been absolutely useless. Within a couple of months the computer blinked off and they sent someone out to fit a new 'hard-drive' Since then,when I attempt to play DVD's on my computer, the screen is jumpy and flickers and sometimes stops completely.
I have looked at the Device Manager and by somthing called a Video Controller (VGA compatible)there is an exclamation mark in a yellow circle. Is this the cause of my problems and if so what can I do to remedy it?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks!

De Marcus™ 16:09 23 May 06

You should be able to download a driver for this from click here

modsteve 10:55 24 May 06

Thanks very much for your response, ot is very much appreciated.

I have, however, been left with a dilema. I am uncertain which Video Controller is mine. Any idea how to identify it?

Many thanks

Totally-braindead 10:59 24 May 06

Click on download drivers, then go to the computer you have, theres only 3 PCs listed so I presume you have one of them and download the VGA driver for your PC.

modsteve 11:13 24 May 06

Thanks for that!!!

Being the thicko I am, I'm still a little confused.

I go on to the Iqon site press the Video Contoller required and it then sends me to another site click here.

I am not really sure what to do next.

With thanks.

Totally-braindead 11:20 24 May 06

Which computer do you have so I can try it myself and do you not have a driver disk with the PC?

modsteve 11:26 24 May 06

Very many thanks.

Philips iQon Intel family PC Package The VGA driver appears to be SiS 651/661FX. Unfortunately a driver disk did not come with the PC, do you think this would be a problem?

Totally-braindead 11:27 24 May 06

I've just tried a few of them and they are all the same, very annoying, takes you to the gigabyte site with no info on what driver you need. Download this and see if it identifies the motherboard click here it'll be something like Gigabyte GA7VAXP or the like.

Totally-braindead 11:29 24 May 06

click here should be third one down under VGA driver. Don't download the first one as its for Windows XP 64 bit which is not what you will have.

modsteve 11:45 24 May 06

Thankyou, it will take a year and a day to download; so I won't know for a while.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Totally-braindead 11:46 24 May 06

I presume you are on dial up not broadband?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…