Video connector no signal

dugit 12:08 21 Apr 09

My wifes Packard Bell 5095 (sames as mine) came up with no signal.I have now found that it was the graphics card was faulty by changing it with mine but I noticed that on the Packard Bell there are two video connectors on the back and that with the faulty graphics card removed and using the other video connector the computer seemed to then work ok is that normal , does it do any harm to use it ?

Terry Brown 13:05 21 Apr 09

No problem at all.

The onboard (built in motherboard) is the default one and uses the motherboard and system memory, so might run slightly slower.

An independent graphics card will normally give better performance, especially for games.

When you plug in an independent graphics card it stops the onboard card from working.
Terry

dugit 13:51 21 Apr 09

Many thanks for the reply ,thats fine I'm going to get a replacement graphics board but I can let my wife use her computer in the interim period.
Regards
Dugit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…