Video Conferencing

jerichobob 18:47 14 Feb 04

I have a Fuji F401 which can be used as a PC camera. The software they have supplied to enable me to video conference seems to be camera specific though. Is there any generic software available which I could use to dial up my friends and family or am I using the stuff wrong in the first place?

Thanks

Rob

anon1 19:01 14 Feb 04

messenger should work if you are using xp. However you failed to mention wich os you are using. There is also netmeeting and many other video conferencing applications that are available but a word of caution there are many unsavoury little problems with video conferencing.

woodchip 19:03 14 Feb 04

If you are not on BB you are wasting your time

jerichobob 19:04 14 Feb 04

And I'm kind of confused as to what 'unsavoury' things could happen?

anon1 19:07 14 Feb 04

Is it just you using the video or do you have a wife and kids? To put it in a nutshell there are many many flashers on the video conferencing networks.

jerichobob 19:07 14 Feb 04

I am on BB and I can get my camera to work as a PC Cam. I cannot get connected to my friend who is, like me, not completely computer literate. New technology for the old 'uns eh?

Rob

jerichobob 19:08 14 Feb 04

So the 'nutters on the net' have taken over that too? Sad. Very sad.

woodchip 19:14 14 Feb 04

You need to download the newest version of netmeeting and install it click here

anon1 19:26 14 Feb 04

Netmeeting comes with windows xp. Just open the run command and type "conf.exe" then it will let you know if it needs upgrading. But yes they have taken over that and have done for a few years now. I gave up with it about 3 years ago

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…