Video to Computer to dvd

starlet 09:58 05 Dec 04

Hi,
i have some video tapes that I would like to put onto my computer and then onto dvd, can anyone advise me how to do it from the basics please?

Starlet

sicknote 11:00 05 Dec 04

You need some form of capture device (USB or PCI)
I use this device which works well for me click here all you need to do is install the software and connect video to the usb device (i used a scart lead) and plug the USB into your PC.
You can record onto CD or DVD disc's with it provided you have a cd or dvd writer on your PC

jbaker65 11:07 05 Dec 04

If you have a spare pci slot on your motherboard,I use and recommend 'Avermedia DVDezmaker gold' With this you can connect your vhs recorder to your computer (note that sound is connected to your audio in socket) and with the software supplied with the pci card (NeoDVD plus) you can capture your tapes and then burn them to DVD using any of the DVD burning programs.

jbaker65 11:07 05 Dec 04

If you have a spare pci slot on your motherboard,I use and recommend 'Avermedia DVDezmaker gold' With this you can connect your vhs recorder to your computer (note that sound is connected to your audio in socket) and with the software supplied with the pci card (NeoDVD plus) you can capture your tapes and then burn them to DVD using any of the DVD burning programs.

€dstowe 13:51 05 Dec 04

Are these commercial video tapes?

If so, this is my reply to another similar question:

I'm not going into the moral/legal aspects of doing this but you may find that a lot of the software to enable you to do this sort of thing will prevent you processing copy protected (Macrovision) video tapes.

starlet 15:37 05 Dec 04

No they are wedding and familly videos, I was thinking with the comeing demise of video in the future it might be the best way to save them.

€dstowe 15:57 05 Dec 04

I have had success with NorthQ NQ-6600 obtainable from Scan click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…