Video Clips on Web Site

vinnyo123 13:05 24 Aug 04

I donated some time to make a home page for my sons soccer team and everything is great.I am posting some video clips with my Sony 3.1 mega pixel camera which makes mpeg clips.This works fine but clips are small and not to clear if they are enlarged.Any ideas on a good way to get larger clips that are clear and good quality when viewed larger.

Thanks in advance.

Charence 13:28 24 Aug 04

I think this may be caused by the camera, not website. Though it is a good idea to keep file sizes on a website small.

Even though your camera is 3.1 MP, it is unlikely that the video clips would be the same (see manual). If the camera permits, try to select a better video quality.

Do the clips work on your own computer?

Maybe it is a problem caused by the speed of your internet connection?

Charence

Taran 14:08 24 Aug 04

The only time I ever include video on sites I use a dedicated digital video camera and manipulate the files to the required size. Downsizing from a large source file works well. You can't add quality though, to a smaller file.

Forum Editor 17:10 24 Aug 04

don't enlarge well, as Taran has indicated. The reason is that you are trying to make the same amount of data fill a larger space, and the result will be degradation of image quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…