video clips to dvd problem

checkout 20:19 20 May 05

when I try to drag my video clips (taken with digi camera) to my dvd-r drive I get window saying windows has encountered a problem. Also often pc freezes when mouse hovers over video file, have to use task manager to close window. Have run anti-virus, spyware, adware etc but still got problem. have copied photos to dvd ok.
thanks for any help

Joe R 20:26 20 May 05

checkout,

I take it you are trying to burn the DVD, as a data disk.?

checkout 20:54 20 May 05

just tried to drag from folder to dvd-r in my computer

Tubster 20:57 20 May 05

No operating system to date has built in support for drag n drop burning to dvd, try using your dvd burning application, i.e. nero, deepburner, etc, you must have something installed otherwise you couldn't have burned to dvd in this manner before.

Joe R 21:09 20 May 05

checkout,

As Tubster has stated, you will need a dvd burning program, like nero, roxio media creator etc.

If you are trying to burn these video clips, to watch them on a home dvd player, you will also need a video converter.

checkout 21:28 20 May 05

have got nero6 but when I try to import clips it says unexpected file format

Tubster 21:39 20 May 05

Do you have nero smartstart ?

Joe R 21:42 20 May 05

checkout,

I also use nero6 , and there is a lot of video formats, that it won't convert.

this is the program I use to convert to dvd files before burning. click here

Remember when burning dvd's with Nero, to use the "burn dvd video files" option.

checkout 21:44 20 May 05

yes

Tubster 21:52 20 May 05

Presuming your dvd player supports jpeg photo disks follow this;

start nero startsmart and select dvd from the tab on the top right, choose make a data disk from the options now in front of you. You'll get the burning dialogue come up next, click on add, navigate to where your photo's are stored and select the ones you want to put on disk. click on next and the rest is self-explanatory

checkout 21:56 20 May 05

I an copy photos no problem but not video

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…