Video clip problem

PennyA 23:27 21 Feb 03

I have a Fuji Finepix 6800 on which I took several little video films. Since I had a new hard drive installed I cannot open the clips and play them as videos. I have tried opening them with all the programmes such as Real One, W Media Player and Quick Time, but nothing works. I have even tried changing the file extensions. I have reloaded all the Finepix software and that doesn't work either.
Any suggestions?

Cordy13 00:06 22 Feb 03

Does the Fuji Manual give any indication of which format it stores the clips? My Minolta S304 stores as .avi which open in QuickTime.

PennyA 08:34 22 Feb 03

Cordy 13-thanks for your response. The format for the camera is the same as yours, but it is stored as a motion jpeg-this is what we now appear to have lost. I think I may try taking another movie picture and then seeing if that plays back-I might then be able to convert the others. (Fingers crossed).

anchor 09:22 22 Feb 03

I too have a Fuji 6800, and videos made on this camera are in avi format. These play without problem on Windows media player.

I have just done a quick test to re-confirm this.

PennyA 10:52 22 Feb 03

Anchor,
Thanks, my original clips played ok but since I had a new hard drive installed and have downloaded them from a disk where I had saved them, they don't work. I suspect that there is a driver or something missing since the new insatllation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…