video to cd

tracy4 19:22 28 Jul 03

can anyone help me to copy video to cd many thanks roy

Joe McG 19:24 28 Jul 03

what format. i.e. mpeg2, mpeg4, avi, svcd, vcd.

Also how long is the video, and what format is it in now?.

tracy4 19:39 28 Jul 03

video 2 to 3 hrs format vhs dont understand first part of your message sorry

bremner 19:52 28 Jul 03

What will you be playing the CD back on - just your PC or a stand alone DVD player?

The reason for asking is that not all players will play back VCD or SVCD which for CD's is probably the best format.

From my experience my PC will not playback VCD whilst my Samsung DVD stand alone player will. You must be sure before selecting what you save the format as.

Other than that have a look at this thread for advice as to capture and editing click here I

Joe McG 19:53 28 Jul 03

Firstly you will need an analogue capture device.
i.e. Graphic card with video-in or a standalone video capture card.

Depending on what resolution you want to capture it at, (800 x 600 is fine for tv playback 1024 x 768 for pc) i would suggest that if you have a hard drive with less than 60-80 Gb, capture approximately 400-450Mb at a time, then convert to vcd through nero or easy cd creator.

I hope this is plain enough for you to follow, and anything you are unsure of, feel free to ask.

Good luck. Joe

Joe McG 19:55 28 Jul 03

Sorry bud, I know it is not your post.

But if you install windvd or powerdvd you will be able to play back vcd's on your pc.

bremner 19:57 28 Jul 03

Cheers Joe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…