Video cassette to VCD conversion

Docajac 11:56 08 Jan 03
  Docajac 11:56 08 Jan 03

I have a good PC with 64 MB graphics card and TV out jack.I would like to know the required hardware and software to convert my movies from video casstte into a VCD(CD-R).I have heard about analog to digital converters but dont know hwere to get and how to use them.

stlucia 12:23 08 Jan 03

Companies like Pinnacle (click here) do software and the necessary cards for capturing video from analogue video cameras, so I suppose they could similarly get the data from a VHS tape. You can then edit it (if you want) and save it into various digital formats for Video CD or DVD.

KCR 12:51 08 Jan 03

I have Pinnacle Studio v7 and once you've got the hang of it it is very easy to use and does make things look pretty professional!

The software also then gives you the option to encode your movies so that you can create VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs. I use Nero Express to then burn them. The only downside is the size of the DV video - almost 13gigs an hour in full quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…