Video card upgrade confusion

EWS 14:15 17 Jun 04

I have a Viewsonic PS790 with Nvidia M64 32MB graphics card; Dell XPS T 700 running Win 98 2nd edition. I do not want to get a new system just yet. Am confused as to what video card I can use with this system to upgrade without trouble. Or even if I should do this. Questions started when I downloaded a game that worked for a few times and now won't. It runs under OpenGL. Says all is OK, but will not get past opening screen. I have up-dated drivers and even tried a Nvidia TNT2 GeForce card but game still will not start. And system acted unstable with changes. Is there something I can do to get the game back up? I do not know if video cards on market today will even work with the monitor so there is much confusion.

Fruit Bat 16:10 17 Jun 04

What version of Direct X are you running? probably need version 8. Version 9 is now released but can give problems.

/\0/\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…