Video card upgrade advice

kikuta 21:14 07 Nov 08

Hi,
I would value some advice regarding a potential upgrade to my video/graphics card.
I have a fairly old computer (dell dimension 5150) with the following hardware specifications:

Procesor:Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3ghz
RAM: 3GB DDR2 RAM
Current card: Radeon X600 256mb hypermemory

I am willing to upgrade the power supply too as it isnt very big. Im not sure what it is, but I know my friend with the same machine upgraded to a 500w unit when he bought a new GFX card.

I'd like to spend £100 or less on the new card and power supply combined, and id like your advice so that I dont buy a card that outperforms the rest of the computer. I dont want to run crysis or anything like that on this, but id like to be able to play games like company of heores and call of duty 4 on reasonably high settings.

Thanks for your time

MAT ALAN 21:24 07 Nov 08

click here

performance guide in link...

based on COD4 but whatever card you choose should stand you in good stead...

click here

if you want a PSU that will stand the test of time

i have a Hiper 580 its a superb piece of kit...

citadel 21:43 07 Nov 08

ati 4670 or nvidia 9600gt. that hiper psu is ok. they add up to a little bit over your budget but it is best to get a good psu. the graphic card is most important for games so there is no need to worry about the rest of your system as it is ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…