Video Card Trouble

OliverH 11:11 17 Mar 04

I'm running a 32mb nvidia tnt with the latest drivers, and the latest version of directx. This is supported by a 1.3 gig athlon processor and 512mb RAM, and my operationg system is windows ME. The problem i am having is with games based on the unreal 2 engine. the gameplay is smooth (albeit in a low resoloution) untill I perform certain actions i.e. fire a machine gun. at this point the game crashes, telling me I have triggered a bug in directx 8.1. as I am running V.9 This is strange. I would be very greatful to any help.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:33 17 Mar 04

What game/s? your card isnt dx9 compatable so perhaps going back to dx8 may cure it.

Regards.

citadel 18:45 17 Mar 04

dx9 is backwards compatable so you should have no trouble playing dx8 or even dx7 games.
I sometimes get a stutter in the sound during gunfire I think it because I only have onboard sound and when the cpu comes under pressure sound suffers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…