Video Card Trouble

OliverH 11:11 17 Mar 04

I'm running a 32mb nvidia tnt with the latest drivers, and the latest version of directx. This is supported by a 1.3 gig athlon processor and 512mb RAM, and my operationg system is windows ME. The problem i am having is with games based on the unreal 2 engine. the gameplay is smooth (albeit in a low resoloution) untill I perform certain actions i.e. fire a machine gun. at this point the game crashes, telling me I have triggered a bug in directx 8.1. as I am running V.9 This is strange. I would be very greatful to any help.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:33 17 Mar 04

What game/s? your card isnt dx9 compatable so perhaps going back to dx8 may cure it.

Regards.

citadel 18:45 17 Mar 04

dx9 is backwards compatable so you should have no trouble playing dx8 or even dx7 games.
I sometimes get a stutter in the sound during gunfire I think it because I only have onboard sound and when the cpu comes under pressure sound suffers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…