Video card drivers. ATI or PC manufacturer?

Cybermaxx 14:39 18 Apr 04

I've just restored my PC to its' factory settings. The driver for my Radeon 9000 is from July 2002. The Medion site (my PC is a Medion) have a driver for it from 2003 available for download. should I use this one or just downlaod whatever the latest one is on the ATI website?

Also, if anyone could take the trouble to post the exact steps used to update a graphic cards' drivers, it would be much appreciated!

johnnyrocker 14:43 18 Apr 04

i would suggest going to the website for the card, i think the procedure would be to save the new drivers somewhere easy to get at and disable from device manager and re boot when system detects the card point it at the new driver location at least i think that would be right but if not i am sure someone wiser will inform.

johnny.

warren2004g 15:00 18 Apr 04

The bes thing to do is download the new drivers from manufacturers website. Then uninstall old drivers entirely from your control panel, restart then run the new drivers installation file.

Hope this helps.

warren2004g 15:01 18 Apr 04

The best thing to do is download the new drivers from manufacturers website. Then uninstall old drivers entirely from your control panel, restart then run the new drivers installation file.

Hope this helps.

Cybermaxx 17:47 18 Apr 04

Thank you. I downloaded from ATI, and they installed without any problems. I just hope they're stable...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…