Video Card

Rilfin 23:19 02 Jun 10

I have an Hp Pavilion a1007w computer ( AMD Athlon 64- 3200+), with Windows xp pro sp3 . I'm trying to upgrade the video card from a geforce 440se mmx (128) to a geforce fx 5200. I rebooted the computer, and nothing displayed at first, the computer just beeped twice but just black screen. I switched cards back out, disabled the default monitor, re-installed the other card (5200), and it boots until the windows screen, then freezes. I uninstalled all drivers ( from the 440mmx ), still nothing. Do I need to flash the bios, or is this computer too outdated to accept the geforce fx 5200? Thanks :)

Rilfin 23:25 02 Jun 10

I forgot to mention that I downloaded the correct driver for the card at nvidia website, and upon trying to install it, it gave me an error message: "The nvidia setup could not locate any drivers that is compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Rilfin 06:57 03 Jun 10

Problem is, I get that error message when trying to install the driver, so it doesn't install(while having the 440mmx in), but I can't even get windows to boot up if I reboot with the 5200 card in it. So... what do I do? Oh, here's the link just to show the drivers I've picked for the 5200fx :

click here

Rilfin 12:20 03 Jun 10

I fixed the problem myself, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…