video card

BODS 09:34 31 Dec 06

on my pc running windows xp-sp2, when checking in help section my pc infomation hardware it reports that video card is not supported.
video card is - msi ms -starforce geforce 6600gt (NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600 GT) DRIVER NV4-MINSYS
pc is working ok can anyone tell me what this means.
thanks

Technotiger 09:49 31 Dec 06

Hi, I too have the same Video card with the same Driver details etc .... (Win XP Home SP2)
Mine is working fine too - only guessing, but it may be down to your mobo, perhaps not able to take full advantage of the 6600 card for some reason. For instance does your mobo have PCI Express?

BODS 10:05 31 Dec 06

my mobo is asus a8n-sli and has pci express along with the mentioned card is pci-expres model

Technotiger 10:13 31 Dec 06

Hmm, well as I said, I was only guessing 'cos I have exactly the same video card but without any mention of 'not supported'. Still, if all is working ok, why worry, other than for curiositys' sake!

AndySD 10:19 31 Dec 06

Try downloading the latest Graphics Driver from Nvivia click here after downloading you will need to go to Add/Remove Programs and under Nvidia remove just the Graphics(video) Driver (not the chipset drivers) reboot the pc and disable your antivirus then instal the downloaded driver.

Technotiger 10:21 31 Dec 06

Why didn't I think of that :-)

Air_Man 12:10 31 Dec 06

BODS.

Before you update the driver, make sure you have a decent backup. When I tried this I lost everything - click here

Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…