Video Card

Spr 09:26 22 Sep 05

Window XP Pro Pent 4, 1025 mb Ram,

NVID~IA GeForce 4Ti4200 with AGP 8X

Motherboard Board: MICRO-STAR INC. MS-6580 20A
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V3.3 1/18/2002 10/14/02

I bought a game Hellforces with cannot be played it is to dark.
Changing the Resolutions makes it light & playable the down side is the game is very very slow.
Asking the supplier for advice I was told the Video Card is to old and need s to be upgraded.
I’m my being taking for a ride or is the supplier correct

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:13 22 Sep 05

I'd agree that your video card is the weak link. You can get an nvidia 6600gt for around £100, if if you've more cash to splash the ATi x800xl is highly recommended.

NinkyRudes 10:16 22 Sep 05

... you are not being taken for a ride. The game will require a substantial amount more graphical firepower to run smoothly at a satisfactory resolution.

Your Ti4200 is now 4 generations old, the game requires DirectX 9.0b. Your card supports this, but was one of the first to do so, and unfortunately it does not back it up with much power.

Have a look at the second customer review on Amazon (click here) & you'll see that even a power user was suprised at the demands on his system.

My advice is to search previous posts re: graphics cards & decide on your budget, as the time for upgrading is now upon you.

NinkyRudes 10:20 22 Sep 05

Both excellent cards, I own both (BFG 6600GT OC & Sapphire X800XL) in AGP form, and both cope really well, with the Sapphire tearing ahead at higher resolutions.

To be honest though, currently even a new £50 card will beat the Geforce 4 range!

Arthur Scrimshaw 14:15 22 Sep 05

Always nice to know there are other people with good taste on this forum!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…