//some 3rd party need geo

Video capture to hard disk

Tony Jackson 16:53 12 May 04

I have a PC running XP Home with 200GB HD, AMD Athlon 64 processor, 1gb of memory and an ATI All-in-wonder 9200 video card with 256mb. I want to be able to transfer video from a tape onto DVD but I can't seem to make it work.

Am I being very dense or is there more to it than plugging in a composite video lead to the video, then to the PC whilst playing the video?

Used Nero and Pinnacle software but both appear to capture what can best be described as a black screen! Got hold of a Dazzle USB device assuming it was the card but simply got the same effect. Any ideas?

y_not 20:08 12 May 04

You will need video editing software to capture the files (usually as .avi files).

These then need authoring (again using the editing software) to produce VOB files inside of a VIDEO_TS folder - these can then be written to DVD.

Post back if you want more info.

Tony
click here for some options for the software and (I think) trial downloads

Tony Jackson 20:53 12 May 04

I have both Nero Vision Express and Pinnacle Studio Quick Start software and both give me the option to capture video to the hard drive as an AVI file. I suspect the problem is before that.

The PC came with a 4 headed input block which attaches via a cable to the video card and allows the use of the "yellow, red and white" cable which I have done. I have tried using a SCART connection to the video along with direct connection with composite video but no luck with either.

It's like the video machine is not connecting at all with the PC. Could it be a driver issue??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…