Video-capture and conversion

Joe McG 21:07 10 Aug 03

Just to ask a bit of advice from those of you who have done some video-editing.

I'm looking for a good piece of software which will do video capture, and also a seperate program, which I can use, to convert between different formats.

I am currently using intervideo winproducer, but find it quite restrictive.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanx, Joe

Joe McG 21:24 10 Aug 03

y_not 21:31 10 Aug 03

I am using Pinnacle Studio 8 which allows me to encode for VCD, SVCD, VHS, DVD, AVI or streaming video.

Can't think of any other format I'd want to use.

For more details click here

stlucia 08:43 11 Aug 03

Likewise, I use Pinnacle Studio DV (older than 8, I think) and could wish for nothing more. Other contributors will probably say the same for Ulead, Adobe, and some other popular software.

However, if you do need files converting, TPMGEnc is the most recommended software.

Joe McG 11:52 11 Aug 03

Thanx all for the input

ROEPES 17:11 11 Aug 03

Am new to this site, so apologies if this not posted to right area!

Bought a Samsung SC-L860 HI 8 camcorder in States. Problem that now back in UK while can view the output on TV, best I can get when trying to record on to "NTSC playing" VHS recorder is B/W picture with sound.

I am currently using usual L/R AV connectors that come with camcorder. Any suggestions?? Can this be rectified by different set-up/leads etc. ??
Thanks Neil

Thanks Neil

sjr1 18:23 11 Aug 03

Yes iam sure you need a scart connection for NTSC play back....Same when playind dvd's..or imported ps2 games

You can get little connector for you plug your av cables to a scart block..3 conx .. video ..l/r

I got 1 with my Sony cam..

Try jessops or similair

sjr1 18:26 11 Aug 03

To 1st question...

I use Adobe premier or Ulead pro 7....and for burning and encoding DVD i use DvdArchitect (SonicFoundry)...Encodes 10x faster then ulead

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…