video capture card

Desperate-Dan 09:43 28 May 06

Hi all, I want to to convert my vhs tapes to dvd. I know I have to have a video capture card, will a tv card do the same job?

Pamy 10:15 28 May 06

as long as it has some type of INPUT connector that suits your player, (camera, VCR) to get data onto hard drive then it should be OK, but quality from arial in may be poor

pj123 14:10 28 May 06

I started off copying my Beta and VHS tapes to DVD using the Dazzle Fusion USB capture device.

click here

But it took 7 hours to capture, render and burn a 3 hour tape to DVD. (excluding any editing).

I cut my losses and bought a DVD Recorder which does the same job in real time. A 3 hour tape copies to DVD in 3 hours. (No editing facilities unless you buy one with a hard disk) The one I have is a Liteon 5006: click here

Imho 21:36 30 May 06

Most consumer level video capture and TV tuner
cards use the same chipset.

Most TV tuner cards have a video or S-Video input
as well as the TV socket.

Use the video or S-Video input, with the matching
output on your VHS player.

On the VHS player, video out may have separate sockets and/or be provided on the scart connector
You may need a special Scart lead to connect
to it.

Totally-braindead 23:53 30 May 06

Desperate-Dan like pj123 I think this is just too time consumming, far easier to buy or borrow a DVD recorder, connect it to the video with a SCART lead press play on the video and record on the DVD recorder.

Desperate-Dan 06:04 31 May 06

thanks everyone for the advice,a dvd recorder I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now