Video Capture

dogbreath1 10:39 14 Jun 09

Have been using Video Download Helper (VDH) extension for Firefox to download stuff from YouTube.

However, there's a lot of web video content that VDH cannot capture.

What is the best software (pref free) to capture 'anything that moves'??

Being specific, there's a small section of a Channel 4 video that I'm trying to save:- click here

rawprawn 12:07 14 Jun 09

This is the best I have found,, it has never refused any for me.
click here

dogbreath1 13:52 14 Jun 09

Thanks for the response. Unless I'm not using it as I should, Orbit will only grab the ads and not the main feature.

Could you possibly try it yourself and pass on any ideas you may have?

rawprawn 14:48 14 Jun 09

Sorry dogbreath1, I can't get it to work on that either. thats a shame I thought I had found one that did it all.

dogbreath1 16:44 14 Jun 09

No worries. Thank you very much for trying it out for me.

Last resort will be to video the screen!

avnech 19:35 14 Jun 09

hi! have you tried video download capture? click here it can download videos from websitelike YouTube, Google video, MySpace TV, Veoh, XTube, RedTube, Tube8,Metacafe, Megavideo, Dailymotion, Vimeo and blip.tv etc.But its a shareware software.if you want free tool then u can try Tubetilla click here and wondershare video downloader click here all are ment for same purpose...if u could manage to find the source url of that video file then u can also download it using free download manager....i hope altest one software will help you out!!

JanetO 11:52 15 Jun 09

Another alternative is RealPlayer has a function to d/load videos.

dogbreath1 18:59 15 Jun 09

Thanks for the replies. What I'm asking for doesn't have to be free as long as it works. There are dozens of programs that will capture streaming video, but some web sites clearly don't want to permit this!!! It seems that Channel 4 is one of those.

I'll try this latest batch of suggestions and in the absence of any joy, I'll video the video, as it were!

Thanks again for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac