video capture

susiepops 21:12 29 Apr 05

My last camcorder required a firewire and videostudio worked fine for capture from tape to PC.

My new camcorder has a USB connection which captures with the software provided but not with VideoStudio. Does anyone know whether I can use the firewire instead of the USB connection and if so whether there are any risks attached to the said camcorder. Thanks

absent 21:22 29 Apr 05

You could capture it with USB and whatever software but then edit in VideoStudio.

absent 21:28 29 Apr 05

Also you can capture USB directly into VideoStudio as I do using version 7, look in capture settings for your camcorder (make sure it is connected and turned on)

Technotiger 22:24 29 Apr 05

Hi, you can only use the firewire with your new cam if the cam has a firewire port, a firewire cable will not fit in a usb port. Some cameras do have both usb and firewire connections - my Canon 750i has.

susiepops 23:01 29 Apr 05

Thanks but under 'source' is shown as unknown MSDV.

The camcorder does have a firewire connection but that seems to be for DVin only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…