VIDEO CAMERA TO COMPUTER CD/DVD COPY

david52 21:49 06 Nov 03

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a video camera(not digital) which has the usual video and audio lead and wonder if there is some way I can record the videos onto my computer CD recorder.There is no plug sockets for these on my computer which is a e190 computer: 2.20GHz intel celeron processor-60GB Hard Drive-256MB DDR-6USB Ports-CDRW/DVD(48xMax Write-16xMax DVD Play Combo Drive:10/100MbpsEthernet.Is there some type of connector box etc/leads that will enable the video to connect to the computer and what type of programme to run it.
Please let me know as I would if possible rather save these to CD and run them in the dvd player than use the old fashioned video recorder.

Regards
Dave Abbott

Joe McG 21:59 06 Nov 03

David52,

You have a few choices, such as upgrading your gfx card ( assuming you have an agp slot ), to one with VIVO which you can pick up, from ?70 to ?400+.

Or you could opt for a video capture card,( Pinnacle do a few decent starter cards ).

Whichever option you choose you should be given the neccessary cables to input your video.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Joe

P.s. I think it would also be a good idea to at least double your ram.

Joe McG 22:00 06 Nov 03

Aah,

now i see what the earlier thread about pound symbols being changed to ?

david52 02:19 07 Nov 03

P.S: I HAVE A 3D AGP INTEL GRAPHICS CARD ATTACHED TO THE COMPUTER IF THIS HELPS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…