//some 3rd party need geo

Video Cam-corder and Pinnacle Studio 8 Question

AnthonyB 23:59 21 Nov 04

Hello,

I have Pinnacle studio on my Hewlett packard pavilion 434.uk (Pentium 4 2.66 ½gig ram etc) I wondered if there are any special Video camera's that are required for use with this software - or computers in general (very new to Video recorders - and haven't got one yet). Would, for example, this SONY TRV255 Digital 8 camcorder( click here for details on Video camera )work ok with pinnacle software? - or does it have to be a bit more expensive a item that this?

TIA

Anthony

TomJerry 00:13 22 Nov 04

digital 8 is old format and only used by Sony, so better to get one with MiniDV format, the majority are, e.g. click here

MicroDV format used by some super-small sony ones is also fine.

AnthonyB 00:44 22 Nov 04

Thanks Tom,

Will spend up to about £350, as I don't want to have the cheapest thing out there:)

TomJerry 01:50 22 Nov 04

Panasonic NVGS15B £319 click here

JVC GR-DX57 £359 click here (great little guy)

Canon MV700i £299 click here

PA28 17:00 22 Nov 04

Provided that you have an IEE1394 Firewire card installed (and if not, one that plugs straight in to a spare PCI slot will only set you back about £15) then any MiniDV (ie Digital) Camcorder will do the job. If you buy an analogue camcoder you will need a further bit of kit to convert the analogue signal to digital before you can get it near Pinnacle - and even then the results will be inferior, so forget analogue please! I've just bought a Canon 700i camcorder which works fine through a firewire connection. In addition capture into Pinnacle is simplicity itself. The Canon 700i has another advantage in that not only does it have DVin as well as DVout (not all do), it also has an Analogue in connector. So it will act as an analogue to digital converter to enable you to capture all those old VHS and VHS-C tapes to digital as well. Don't forget the important i suffix - the basic Canon models without the i don't have the same connectivity.

Oh - and buy yourself a nice new BIG fast slave drive if you're think of taking this up seriously. You won't believe the size of the files you're about to create!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…