Victor 386

Mankster 14:25 08 May 03

Hi, I have just been given a 12 year old Victor 386 pc with monitor and printer ,but no floppy disc's, has anyone any information or links they wish to pass on,I would like to give it away to any one in my area,but am i wasting my time.dos 4 is installed.I have tried searching the web for any information, but without success.

-pops- 14:28 08 May 03

12 years is an extremely long time in computer terms and I don't think that there are all that many people around now who can think in DOS very easily.

I don't hold much hope out for you finding it a good home.

Brian

Mankster 14:31 08 May 03

Your probably correct,but its seems a shame just to throw it away.

-pops- 14:56 08 May 03

Don't throw it away!!!!

I remember last year my local museum had an exhibition of technology from 1950s to present and there were some very interesting computer axhibits there. If you've got room in your attic or somewhere, keep it and bring it out for exhibition/show the grandchildren etc.

Far too much "old technology" has ended up on rubbish tips, never to be retrieved. One day your machine will be of some value.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…