Vibrant pop-ups in PCA helproom

tonyx1302 16:11 22 Feb 09

Whenever I move my mouse over a highlighted word in a helproom post ,I get a advertising pop-up hosted by a company called Vibrant Ads and calls itself In-Text Advertising. How can I stop this please ? I have all the usual anti spyware etc. I have run every be-bugger etc but none are able to stop it and its driving crazy.

XP Home with SP3 on Firefox with BB. Do I need Hosts(????)or something , if so how do I go about it please ? Simple with explanations please as its a very grey area with me

With thanks

Tony

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:15 22 Feb 09

The keyword pop ups have always been a part of the PCA forums. It's just one of their ways of making money off the forums. I'm sure there must be some way of getting rid of them.

tonyx1302 16:25 22 Feb 09

Hopefully there is a cure BIG Ben strikes 10 again! before I go mad . Word 5 of my original post....mouse...when I hover my curser over it an add for M.Soft cordless mouse appears is a classic example

Tony

alB 16:44 22 Feb 09

I find the easiest way to stop the pop ups appearing is don't mouse over the words, they are easy enough to see ...alB

tonyx1302 16:49 22 Feb 09

I agree alB but surely there must be a way to stop this from happening. Over a whole page of members posts there can be over twenty or so highlighted words and it can be hard to miss them

Tony

ambra4 17:02 22 Feb 09

Try Super Ad Blocker it works for me stop all ads and popup on the forums

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 22 Feb 09

for fire fox get the Noscript addon

tonyx1302 17:19 22 Feb 09

Thanks ambra. I have just run a check with SA Blocker and it did not find or cure anything,and at £30 after trial period its just out of my budget.
Hi FruitBat. I have just started using FF after 6yrs with IE6 and it seems very good, but I am unable, through lack of knowledge, to put on or load addons on such as Noscript and spell checker.

Tony

woodchip 17:20 22 Feb 09

You need to load the Hosts file to stop them. click here

sunnystaines 17:43 22 Feb 09

I use the free ie7 pro then put the following in the blocker section.

*intellitxt.com*
*vibrantmedia.com*
*contentlink.com*
*kontera.com*

this cures the problem

tonyx1302 17:47 22 Feb 09

Many thanks FB. I found the NoScript addon and it seems to have worked. Yippee ! Now can you point me in the direction of a spell checker for F/Fox v3 please
Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…