viavoice pro 10

bert52a 16:16 14 Jan 06

Has anybody got anything good to say about this software.I've tried other editions in the past and found them pretty useless.I have lots of trouble with rsi type symptoms but I don't want to waste my money.

Chegs ®™ 16:59 14 Jan 06

I have used ViaVoice/DNS/Office and my verdict was

Office...crap unless you speak fluent american

ViaVoice...fiddly setup,but once trained quite good.

Dragon Naturally Speaking...Also fiddly setup,also good once trained.

These speech to text apps often are harder to use than simple typing,as speaking the punctuation is a pain(especially if you don't actually know what a / or - is)

Curio 17:37 14 Jan 06

Version 8.10 with SP1 is the one to go for if you can afford it. The Cheaper Standard version is pretty good too. I have found it takes more than five minutes to train it properly. Once done it is great fun to use

Newby 08:57 17 Feb 06

I have just bought a new Compaq Presario and have bought and installed ViaVoice Pro 10. After initial problems, and seeking advice, VV Pro 10 works fine.
My old (5 year old) Dell Dimension 4100 still has Dragon Naturally speaking V 6 on it. This week I was using, at various times, both computers - using both voice programmes - and they both worked fine. Maybe I am lucky. To me they both O.K. I think the secret is in the training. By the way, my Compaq is on the Internet and I have Norton on it. It works O.K. but you have to ensure that the firewalls in your computer allow ViaVoice 10 .bin files in as exceptions. Hope this helps.

keewaa 09:03 17 Feb 06

I know old version required firewall access because it woked using TCP/IP I think.

Your voice makes a big difference, and it has to be trained to get it accurate (several hours of story reading over time). I know people who read as fast as they can and it's 99% accurate, I know people who read normal speed and it's crap. I think some voices suit it well and some don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…