viavoice and computer crashes!

Effie 01:40 02 May 03

Is there anyone out there who has problems with IBM Viavoice Pro version 8?

Even when installing it last year, I had to have lots of technical help just to get it up and running ( normally a very easy operation to achieve!) and since then, I appear to be getting more and more crashes and am wondering if VV is potentially a cause and how do I remedy it? Even on an occasion when I ended up deleting and reinstalled it ,I still needed help from friends more technically able than myself to get it to work properly.

My system is a Gateway 500M running on Windows 98 SE.The Processor is a 500MHz Pentium 111 with memory of 384 MB I also have a Voodoo 3 3000 graphics card. The other software that I use includes, logitech mouse and webcam, HP scanner( only occasionally!) and an epson printer.

I need to use my Viavoice to process college stuff but it's no fun whatsoever when you cant depend on it and I cant afford really to go and fork out for the new version 10 pro in the hope that it too doesnt have glitches similar to what I've experienced.
Help anybody??

L.S.D 13:13 02 May 03

Does your system still crash,After V.V has been uninstalled,

Effie 18:40 02 May 03

I didn't leave any time to find out I'm afraid as it was a friend who was as I said, was helping me try to sort it out and I couldnt afford to be without it so we just went ahead, and reinstalled it and hoped for the best.
The crashes have been gradually getting worse over the last few months and given just how difficult it was to get VV working in the first place, I dont want to loose it all as I no longer have any help to try to sort it out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…